UPSC Notification 2019: The UPSC will be recruiting for nearly 900 posts, out of which around 180 posts will be in the IAS – as according to the Baswaan Committee report, the UPSC needs to hire more people in the service, as a result of which 180 posts have been reserved for IAS till 2020.
- Personality Test
Selection Procedure for UPSC 2019 Exam
According to the UPSC Notification 2019, following stages will be considered for final selection. Only UPSC Mains exam & Interview marks will be considered for final selection list.
Stage-1: Preliminary Exam (Objective type questions -100 Marks) – The Prelims exam is an objective type exam. It is the first level you need to clear, to be eligible for the Mains exam. It will be conducted on 2nd June 2019, this year.
Stage-2: Mains Exam (Descriptive Type) – The UPSC Mains exam is descriptive in nature. Ones who clear the Prelims exam are eligible to write the Mains exam. UPSC Mains will be conducted in September 2019, this year.
Stage-3: Personal Interview (275 Marks) – The personal interview, also know as IAS interview popularly is the last stage for UPSC Recruitment. It is normally conducted in the month of March.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC 2019 Exam
|Category||Age limit (upto)|
Number of Attempts for UPSC 2019 Exam
|Category||No. of Attempts|
|Open Category||6 times|
UPSC Notification 2019: Exam Dates for UPSC 2019
|Issue of Notification||19 February 2019|
|Application form availability||19 February 2019|
|Last date for Application Submission (online)||18th March 2019|
|Prelims Admit card||June 2019|
|UPSC Preliminary Exam date||2nd June 2019|
|Prelims exam result||August 2019|
|Main Exam Admit Card Availability||September 2019|
|UPSC Main Exam Date||20th September 2019|
|Declaration of final result||January 2020|
Application Fee details for UPSC 2019 Exam
All Candidates have to pay application fee through Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
- General/Others – Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/PH Candidates – No fees
How to Apply Online | UPSC 2019 Online Application Procedure
UPSC will open the UPSC Registrations by 19th Feb 2019, which would close by 18th March 2019. Procedure to complete the “UPSC Application form 2019” through online mode –
- Go to official website upsconline.nic.in
- Click on “Application form” of the home page
- Select PART- 1 for registration with applicant details such as Name, Parents name, Date of birth, Permanent address etc.
- After registration for part-1, candidate will receive a registration number
- Now the candidate should login with registration no. for PART-2 Registration and candidate should enter the required information in the form
- Upload candidate scanned Photo & signature in required format
- Finally pay the fee (Rs.100/-) through the Credit/Debit/Internet banking or SBI etc
- Take printout of the application for future reference
For further reference visit https://upsc.gov.in/